Welcome to September!
I was going to wax poetic about the coming of fall and how quickly the holidays are approaching, but let’s get into what you REALLY want to know. What’s happening for Labor Day Weekend?
If you’ve been following the shop for a while, you know that specials are not something you see very often here. Yes, we have occasional clearance items, but there’s not usually a lot of them. That’s because we try to keep our pricing reasonable all year long, so we don’t have a lot of wiggle room to offer you discounts.
Closed: Tuesday and Wednesday, September 7-8*
* Let’s do the “fine print” right up front, okay?
First, a note about ordering online.
I’d love to offer this special pricing online at the same time as in the shop, but it’s really impossible from a logistics standpoint. Some things have a very limited quantity in stock and the odds of someone in the shop buying what you order online before I see your order are BIG.
So, here’s what’s going to happen.
- The initial sale will be held in person at the shop only, Saturday thru Monday, September 4-6. Online sales will be put on hold over the weekend. You can still browse, but the checkout functions will be disabled.
- On Tuesday and Wednesday, September 7-8, the online shop will open again with clearance items available. The physical shop will be closed, so there won’t be any problems with someone buying your favorite color in person before you have a chance to check out online.
- Online orders will ship starting Thursday, September 9th and will ship in the order in which they were received.
- All sales of clearance items are final, no returns or exchanges.
- All sales limited to stock on hand, no special orders.
Okay, so what’s on clearance? Thought you’d never ask. 😊
Sugar Bush Yarns
Value and quality have been what made the Sugar Bush Yarns a great addition to the shop. Sadly, their parent company has decided not to continue with the brand, so we can no longer get these lovely yarns for you.
Remaining stock of all Sugar Bush Yarns are 30% off retail. That means pricing as follows:
- Bliss (sport/DK) – $13.00 $9.10
- Bold (worsted) – $15.00 $10.50
- Chill (super bulky) – $15.00 $10.50
- Crisp (DK) – $10.00 $7.00
- Dawson (bulky) – $15.00 $10.50
- Drizzle (Mohair/Silk lace) – $11.00 $7.70
- Motley (sport/DK) – $15.00 $10.00
- Trickle (Cotton/Bamboo fingering) – $9.00 $6.30
BONUS: A free pattern booklet ($10 value) comes with every Sugar Bush purchase while supplies last.
Still with me? Great! Because here comes the one you may have been hoping and waiting for.
Yep, you read that right. All Fierce Fibers yarns will be marked down 30% in the shop all weekend! As noted above, online sales of these items will be suspended for the weekend and the markdowns will be available online on Tuesday and Wednesday, September 7 and 8, when our Pearl District shop will be closed.
This is the first time you’ll ever find these gorgeous, locally hand-dyed yarns for such low prices. So if you’ve been drooling over vibrant gradients or longing for lush semi-solids, this is your opportunity to stock up!
These yarn bases and bright colors may never come around again. Because Stacey, the creative genius behind the brand, is switching things up. Some bases may return, some may not. Colors are likely to change due to dye house changes requiring her to create new formulations. I’m not sure what she’s cooking up next, but I’m sure it will be amazing.
Bottom line? If you have a favorite color and/or a favorite base from Fierce Fibers, this is your chance to get it for a bargain price! We have her entire remaining inventory, so shop early for best selection. When it’s gone, it’s gone!
Let me repeat one last time, ALL Fierce Fibers yarns are 30% off all weekend in the shop and Tuesday and Wednesday online!
One last thing…
This is the last weekend for our Western Sky Knits trunk show. There are still some beautiful yarns available, so stop in soon to check them out or they may be gone.
As usual, thank you so much for all your support. And stay tuned for new things as we head into the fall season!